Car dealership forged loan documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

thielja

Hello,

I purchased a used 2006 vehicle from a toyota car dealership, I went there with a capitol one loan check. The Finance manager talked me into financing with Toyota Motors Financing instaed of Capitol one. I signed all the loan agreement paperwork for Toyota financing and drove the vehicle home. I left the blank capitol one check at the dealership they said they would dispose of it.
2 weeks later, I receive an e-mail from capitol one telling me to sign up for auto payment on their website to begin payments on my used vehicle I purchased through them.
I never signed the check, or completed any paperwork except for the preliminary paper work to recieve the blank check. Did the Financing manager forge my signature ?
Yesterday, I recieved a notice from Toyota Motor credit, stating my credit application was denied. But if I signed the loan agreement how could that be ?
Do I have a case for fraud ?

JT

You may have a civil case. Your best bet would be to contact a lawyer in your area and seek legal advice. Unfortunately, something that is allowed in one state is not allowed in another state and it gets confusing to keep track.
Have you tried contacting the dealership and questioning them about this? If you didn't sign the check and Capital One allowed it to be processed, that is an error on their part.
I think you have the right to challenge the validity of a debt. Personally, I would be sending a letter to Capital One telling them what happened and emphasize that you didn't sign the check and did not authorize the dealer to cash it.
Because you were not approved through the dealership, be prepared to either make good on the purchase, or give the vehicle back.
I hope this helps. Good luck.

-Nick

Hmmm... I would first ask to see a copy of the capital one check and then request an explanation from your dealer before taking any legal action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back