Car Dealership contacting me saying I owe an additional $ 100.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkhearts27

Please bare with me I know its long..

I am from Mass and purchased my car in CT, on 12/28/2012.. Paperwork was signed and the check from the bank was given to the dealership, Keys were given to me and I went along my way. A week later the dealership calls me saying that they made an error in the paperwork and I owe them additional $ 100.00 dollars. I said to them that is crazy that I purchased a $26,00.00 car and they were contacting me for $100.00 error on their part, also I was upset at the fact when I got all the way home I noticed that the car was missing floor mats which cost me $70.00 out of my pocket. I refused to pay them and they keep harassing my cell phone until I received a message saying that if I did not pay they will take legal pursuit. I went home last night reread my contract and it states that the total due for the car is $ 19,845.85 and the check given was for $19,770.85 which is only a difference of $ 75.00. The fine print on the bottom states " I have read the terms and conditions on the back hereof and agree to them as a part of this order the same as if they were printed above my signature. The front and back hereof comprise the entire agreement affecting this order and no other agreement or understanding of any nature concerning same has been made or entered into. I hereby acknowledge receipt of a copy of this order, and certify that I am of legal age. THIS ORDER SHALL NOT BE BINDING UPON THE SELLER UNTIL IT IS ACCEPTED BY THE AUTHORIZED OFFICER AS SHOWN BY HIS SIGNATURE ON THE ORIGINAL ORDER ON THE FORM BELOW." I signed and the manager signed. Can they bring to court if I do not pay? Any help would be appreciated. !! Thank you

Why don't you tell them (a) the alleged deficiency appears to be $75, and (b) if you want the $75 then you're going to have to give me the floor mats that should have come with the car that I noticed were missing. If not, you're deducting the cost and it's a wash. I'd find it hard to believe anyone would take this to court. it's not worth their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back