Car Dealership Add ons

bbossenmeyer01

Jurisdiction
California
When purchasing my car at the dealership, the Finance Representative included optional add ons without asking me. When I questioned him regarding the add ons, he told me not to worry because they are included in all the agreements, so I signed the contract.

He added the following to my contract: 7 year warranty, carefree maintenance program and surface protection product. He also did not provide me any information or documents related to these products and/or the companies that administer them.

Can I go back to the dealership sales manager and request that the cost of these add ons be refunded to me?

Last edited:
You can ask whatever you like. But you agreed to all of them (and their several thousand dollar cost) when you signed the documents.

The dealership probably only sold those products and took a cut. You may be able to get a refund for the unused portion from the company actually providing the various products.

Yes, of course you can ask.

If you don't get satisfaction, contact the DMV and make a claim against the dealer's bond.

When purchasing my car at the dealership, the Finance Representative included optional add ons without asking me. When I questioned him regarding the add ons, he told me not to worry because they are included in all the agreements, so I signed the contract.

I would have gotten up and walked out.

He added the following to my contract: 7 year warranty, carefree maintenance program and surface protection product.

I bought a brand new car a couple of years ago for about $26000. The dealer offered me about $8000 worth of that s--t. No thanks.

He also did not provide me any information or documents related to these products and/or the companies that administer them.

You ask for that before you sign. Before you sign is when you have POWER. After you sign, well, you can guess which one is you in this picture.

Can I go back to the dealership sales manager and request that the cost of these add ons be refunded to me?

You can ask. What you get back depends on the terms and conditions of what you bought.

Attachments

• Mouse and Elephant.jpg
    Mouse and Elephant.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
If you don't get satisfaction, contact the DMV and make a claim against the dealer's bond.
A claim for what? While I understand that the OP can (as in, has the ability to) do so, why would you suggest that the OP make an apparently frivolous claim against the dealer's bond?

A claim for what? While I understand that the OP can (as in, has the ability to) do so, why would you suggest that the OP make an apparently frivolous claim against the dealer's bond?

It's not apparently frivolous to me. At the very least, the failure to provide paperwork regarding the warranties is a violation. No harm in making a claim. Worst thing that happens is that it gets denied.

Back