car contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bought a 2009 new car about 1 week ago. I signed the dealer contract. I test drove the car at night and did not really look the interior over much due to low lighting. I was told that the car had been a demo , but assumed everything was in perfect shape. It had about 1,000 miles on it. When I got up the next morning I took a better look at the interior and noticed a small blue stain on the driver seat. I also noticed some scratches on some of the plastic by the ignition and by the seatbelt. To get to the point........ I took the car back to the dealership and asked for my trade-in back. I was told that they have only a 3 day exchange period and could not just undo the deal. They have nothing else I want on their lot. While I was sitting in the dealership I recieved a call from a prospective financer. He told me he needed me to verify some information concerning a fraud alert. I told him I didn't want the car and that I would not answer any of his questions. I have since recieved calls from 2 other lenders and have told them the same thing. I have been in this car for a week and a half and have not been financed. The contract states that they have 30 days from the date of purchase to get me financed. Does that mean the contract will be expired? Are they then required to give me my trade-in back? Is it worth the time to simply not answer the fraud alert questions?

1) Everything is in the contract. It is likely that your failure to cooperate might release the dealer from the obligation to obtain financing as a condition of the sale, if that is the way it reads.

2) You bought a used car. I am assuming that means "as is." There seem to have been no guarantees made about the car other than it was a demo and otherwise in perfect working condition. Scratches and stains on the seat were clearly visible and not concealed. Your failure to look will not invalidate a deal.

I don't know all the details but the above is my gut feeling based upon what you told me. The response is a little late so I hope you were able to work it all out.

How binding is a buyers order? Dealership made mistake. Please read...

I went to a dealership and found a truck, they printed me up a buyers order. I took the order to my Credit Union who got me approved for the amount on the buyers order. Now the dealership is saying that the buyers order is wrong and that my credit union owe's them more money, but Said money is not reflected on the buyers order. I have already taken delivery of the vehicle and they also have my old truck I traded in. I like the deal I have now. Can they add more money to a buyers order that has already been signed and a loan that has already been approve and a truck that has already been delivered. Nowhere on the back of the buyers order does there seem to be a loopole.

Thanks

JRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back