Car accident

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I had an object shot from the tire of a car in front of me and hit the undercarriage of my van while traveling on the highway. The insurance company refused to fix my vehicle. So I paid to get it fixed about 5k then they put an at fault accident on my driving record. Can they do this

Can they do this

Yes.

Had you NOT reported the incident, they would have never known.

You can appeal their decision.

How you do that is buried in the mound of documents purporting to be your policy.

Should you wish to appeal the decision, I suggest you get busy TODAY reading your policy and its thousands of terms.

Another option with an even more limited chance of success is to file a complaint with your state NCDOI:

NCDOI - How Can We Help You?

The insurance company refused to fix my vehicle.

What insurance company? The insurance company that wrote your personal auto policy? The insurance company that wrote the personal auto policy for the driver of the other car? Some other insurance company?

they put an at fault accident on my driving record. Can they do this

I'm not sure who "they" are or what exactly you mean by this, but "they" obviously can do anything that "they" did do. If you're saying that your own auto insurance carrier is taking away a good driver discount or increasing your payment based on the incident you described, that would be legally improper.

Back