Car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkcon

Hi all,
I was in an accident on 4/26/2010 and the other party's insurance is accepting 90% fault, (a sheriff's patrolcar was also involved and is partially to blame i guess). My insurance company is valuing my car at less than replacement and saying that is all they can give me based on Dept. of Insurance guidelines. Am I screwed here? I have given them comps of vehiciles in the area (none of which are as loaded as my truck) and they keep saying that they can go no higher. Also, I am unable to work without my truck and they want documentation of work I lost when i can't even go bid work without my vehicle. I was not badly injured but am very sore even now and wondering if an attorney is the right way to go at this point.

Hi all,
I was in an accident on 4/26/2010 and the other party's insurance is accepting 90% fault, (a sheriff's patrolcar was also involved and is partially to blame i guess). My insurance company is valuing my car at less than replacement and saying that is all they can give me based on Dept. of Insurance guidelines. Am I screwed here? I have given them comps of vehiciles in the area (none of which are as loaded as my truck) and they keep saying that they can go no higher. Also, I am unable to work without my truck and they want documentation of work I lost when i can't even go bid work without my vehicle. I was not badly injured but am very sore even now and wondering if an attorney is the right way to go at this point.

Insurance companies will always low ball you.

They want everyone (even their insureds) to take whatever scraps they offer.

If you disagree, hire a lawyer.

The lawyer will not cost you anything out of pocket.

The lawyer will work on a contingency.

The fee will be about 25-33% of any future award you receive.

But, lawyers, on average, get you about 40-60% more than insurance companies offer.

Go talk to a couple of lawyers, and hire one that is right for you.

As soon as the lawyer contacts them, watch the offer increase.

It still may not be what you want, so you may end up having to go to court.

Nevertheless, retain an attorney and go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back