Car accident settlement... no clue what is going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmCham

On August 1st my husband was in a car accident. He did not have car insurance at the time. The accident was never ruled as his fault. The agent at Geico which was the other parties insurance said that both parties were at fault and the other guy was not seeking any monetary restitution from us. 3 months later, today, we recieved a letter in the mail from a website called warningnotice saying that we are to pay 13,300 dollars or face legal action. We have heard nothing from anyone for 3 months and now this. We are very confused as to what to do because we cannot pay 13,300 dollars! What is this warningnotice business? Any suggestions on what to do and how to go about this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you so much

Consult with an attorney so s/he can review the correspondence and give you a better idea of what you are facing.

Sounds like a scam. I would do nothing unless you receive a court summons. Then you have to answer and your defense is that you were not at fault.

I concur with lwpat. The site looks like an online collections agency. Unless a judgment has been entered against you, they have nothing to collect. Consider forwarding your notice to your insurance agent to see what they think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back