car accident claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram02

I was in a car accident that was 100% not my fault. I am told by the other drivers insurance that her liability limit is $250,000. Will the insurance company go above this dollar amout? My medical bills add up to around $150,000 which would leave me with around 100,000 but I have a permanent limp as a result of the injury I recived in the accident.

What did your insurance company say when you asked them your question?

That's one of the reasons to have insurance; so they can deal with other people's insurance companies.

I was in a car accident that was 100% not my fault. I am told by the other drivers insurance that her liability limit is $250,000. Will the insurance company go above this dollar amout? My medical bills add up to around $150,000 which would leave me with around 100,000 but I have a permanent limp as a result of the injury I recived in the accident.

Let's say you sue her.
You prevail and the jury awards you $1,000,000.
Her insurance company will kick in $250,000.
You'll then have to perfect your judgment and try to collect the remaining $750,000 from her.
Trust me, it ain't easy.

Look, with the medical expenses you've already expended, and who knows what next year will bring?

You should hire an attorney, a good personal injury or torts attorney.
Don't worry about paying him or her.
He or she gets their cut out of your award.
Plus, they don't get paid until they've paid you.
They get paid, and you will, too.

The fact the lawyer gets the loot is one of the reasons you don't go it alone or for free with the injuries you've suffered.

The issue is that I work with the at fault driver and I would hate to see her loose her house or something because of all of this.

What did your insurance company say when you asked them your question?

That's one of the reasons to have insurance; so they can deal with other people's insurance companies.

So is it my insurances job to kick in money as well

The issue is that I work with the at fault driver and I would hate to see her loose her house or something because of all of this.

Well, that's even easier. You take whatever her insurance carrier offers, smile, say thank you, and limp into the sunset.

Don't worry about her house. You'd never get her house, until she died. All you can do with her home is place a lien on it. Much of her stuff is statutorily protected.

Bon chance

Last edited:
Let me ask this, there have been 3 lein notices sent to the insurance company they said they would pay those bills directly but there are about 70,000 in other medical bills they say is up to me to pay with the remainder of what they give me. Example if I settle for 250,000 they will pay the 80,000 they have in liens cut me a check for 170,000 and its up to me to pay the extra 70,000 in left over medical bills out of that. Is that normal?

Let me ask this, there have been 3 lein notices sent to the insurance company they said they would pay those bills directly but there are about 70,000 in other medical bills they say is up to me to pay with the remainder of what they give me. Example if I settle for 250,000 they will pay the 80,000 they have in liens cut me a check for 170,000 and its up to me to pay the extra 70,000 in left over medical bills out of that. Is that normal?

As I suggested, you need to hire an attorney. Attorneys get you 50 to 90% more in settlements.
There's no way I know enough about your case to inform you properly.
Generally, if an insurance company offers you a settlement, it's always a lowball one, and you cheat yourself without a lawyer. The insurance company has an army of lawyers and smart adjusters.

Seems to me law pretty much sucks

The laws aren't the only thing that sucks.
This once awesome country has slowly becoming a massive pile of putrid, steaming, oozing, smelly, maggot infested, nasty fecal matter.
Yes, it has become a chapeau zooming to Hades in a straw basket.

Last edited:
Talk to your ins. co. & let them handle. You can also obtain an attorney if you believe it might be to your advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back