Business Contracts Cancelling a Marketing add

tchaib

My Name is Teresa and I have a small skin care/hair removal Business in Minnesota.
We opened in September 2014 and at that time I as approached by a sales representative.
I have signed a contract with them for 3 years paying around $500.00 month.
My Business is not doing well and I have been trying to cancel this add since the add has no brought any lead and I cant afford it. T hey have been difficult to deal with and they refuse to cancel it. The problem is that I can go out of Business with I don't cut this expensive add that don't bring anything to us.
My husband is the CEO of our small company and he did not sign the contract. The contract has only my signature and I am the COO of our company.
Can I just stop the payments since they refuse to cancel the contract?
It is amazing the number of companies that approaches you to offer Marketing, but not all if them are interested in bring Business to you but take your money now matter what happen to you.
I made a huge mistake when I signed that contract and today I will not get in any contract that is longer than 12 months.
Please help me get rid of this company, I want my company to survive but if I keep paying this monthly fee I will go bankruptcy.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My Name is Teresa and I have a small skin care/hair removal Business in Minnesota.
We opened in September 2014 and at that time I as approached by a sales representative.
I have signed a contract with them for 3 years paying around $500.00 month.
My Business is not doing well and I have been trying to cancel this add since the add has no brought any lead and I cant afford it. T hey have been difficult to deal with and they refuse to cancel it. The problem is that I can go out of Business with I don't cut this expensive add that don't bring anything to us.
My husband is the CEO of our small company and he did not sign the contract. The contract has only my signature and I am the COO of our company.
Can I just stop the payments since they refuse to cancel the contract?
It is amazing the number of companies that approaches you to offer Marketing, but not all if them are interested in bring Business to you but take your money now matter what happen to you.
I made a huge mistake when I signed that contract and today I will not get in any contract that is longer than 12 months.
Please help me get rid of this company, I want my company to survive but if I keep paying this monthly fee I will go bankruptcy.
Thanks

Okay, you start by sending the company a letter advising them that effective May 1st, 2015, you cancel their services.
Then you STOP paying them.
The problem for you is, what does the contract you signed obligate you to do?
Read those documents, seek out how the contract describes the cancellation process.
I suspect it requires you give them notice, and you must continue to pay during the notice period.
that's generally how those scammers work.
Nevertheless, just stop paying them.
That will require them to sue you.
When (or IF) they do, you go to court and explain your side of the story.

Back