International Issue Canadian wanting to visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

box_

Last time I tried to cross the boarder I was stopped by immigration and told that I could not enter into the USA.

What can I do be able to enter legally..?

A little bit of my background:

My boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen, is working in St.Louis, MO on a TN Visa. Previously, we were living together for almost 1 year in Montreal, Quebec.
I have been to St. Louis a few times since then. In October 2002, we traveled together to St.Louis for the initial interview which lasted 2 days. I returned later in December 2002 by plane to spend New Years with him for a
total of 4 days. I then accompanied him in a moving truck in January 2003 to help him move and settle in.

On March 18th, 2003, I returned to Toronto, Ontario (where I am original born) after being in the US for 45 days. On April 1st I was supposed to fly back to St.Louis but I was denied access by US immigration into the USA
because I didn't have a return ticket and am currently unemployed in the Canada. US Immigration thought was I was living and working in the US based on my 'travel patterns. I was advised that if I wanted to gain entry into
the USA, I would need to provide proof of employment and permanent residence
in Canada. I was also told that if I tried to cross the Canadian/USA border again, I would be arrested.

My intentions are to continue to visit my boyfriend and help him around the apartment. He is more than capable to support both of us financially so I have no reason to work nor do I have the intention to work in the USA.

I would like to return back to the USA as soon as possible.

If you can shed any light on my situation it would be greatly appreciated.

What information are you looking for? It seems that you have it. The INS doesn't want people to come to the country and claim that, upon visit, they have to stay here because they cannot leave. With regard to your boyfriend, it is not a relationship that the INS can rely upon otherwise everyone would claim that they have a boy/girlfriend in the country and "visit" indefinitely. Marriage is one of the conditions for a VISA although I wouldn't go that route just to see each other... I wish you luck with your relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back