1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Canadian wanting to move to US TN Visa

Discussion in 'Investment, Work Visa' started by macko, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macko

macko Law Topic Starter New Member

I just wanted to know how good are my chances of obtaining a green card or some other visa to work in the United States? I have working experience and an Associate's Degree in Business Administration. Also, I'm not sure if this helps but I do have relatives in the US who are citizens...aunts, uncles, cousins etc.

Please advise.

Thanks! :)

2. NYClex

NYClex New Member

Aunts uncles and cousins do not help at all. Family based immigration is only possible for spouses, parents, children and brothers or sisters.

That leaves you with an employment based visa. The main point is here to have a job offer by an American company which is willing to sponsor you for a visa and to be qualified for one of the many visa possible. An associate degree might not be enough to qualify.

You can research this a little more by looking up information on the topic of NAFTA visa (TN-visa).