K Visa Canadian want to move in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymaltais

I, My name is Yohan Maltais and I'm a french Canadian citizen. Me and my wife want to move in Florida to work as a Billigual Rep. Ther's alot of job opotunity but they don't sponsor visas. I plan to go in US fore 12 months with 20K in hand to cover our expand. How can I do that legally and ther's any way I can ask for a citezenship after 12 months? If not want is the better way to do it

Thanks

Everyone is looking for the way to do it but the borders have tightened up significantly, especially after 9/11. Without sponsorship it is a difficult task. Who is "they?"

ymaltais said:
I, My name is Yohan Maltais and I'm a french Canadian citizen. Me and my wife want to move in Florida to work as a Billigual Rep. Ther's alot of job opotunity but they don't sponsor visas. I plan to go in US fore 12 months with 20K in hand to cover our expand. How can I do that legally and ther's any way I can ask for a citezenship after 12 months? If not want is the better way to do it

I've found some company who need french canadian speekers for their calling center but they said to me they only take local application. But I just wonder if I go there apply for the job can I fill all the paper for them or they obsolutly need to do all the paper work? I think this is the only reason why they don't take canadian application.

Another question, If I stay in Us on my own money, for 1 year. After this year may I ask for any kind of Visa to stay longer and maybe able to work?

Thanks for repply

You need to have a work visa to work legally in the US. If the employer does not sponsor a visa, you will not get a work visa. And for call center jobs your chances to get a work visa are less than slim. The visa categories for this kind of work are way oversubscribed.

You cannot just stay a year and then apply for citizenship. Citizenship will only be granted after being a permanent legal resident (Green Card Holder) for at least 5 years.

You will not be able to ask for a work visa after a one year stay unless you qualify for it and find an employer who sponsors it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back