International Issue Canadian Immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnOddy1

I have two DUIs; one in 2000 and another in 2001. I did not serve any jail time and completed the requirements for the reinstatement of my driving previlages. I'm applying to immigrate to Canada, will this hinder prevent the Canadian authorities from approving my application?

Any criminal record would affect your immigration. have you tried to get it expunged or sealed? that should help... but some state does not allow expunge DUI

Any criminal record would affect your immigration. have you tried to get it expunged or sealed? that should help... but some state does not allow expunge DUI

The record still shows on my immigration details, I'm not sure if I can have the records expunged retroactively. What I'm not sure about is if this automatically disqualifies my application or if I have to go through some waiting period of "rehabilitaion". Any advise...?

I have two DUIs; one in 2000 and another in 2001. I did not serve any jail time and completed the requirements for the reinstatement of my driving previlages. I'm applying to immigrate to Canada, will this hinder prevent the Canadian authorities from approving my application?

Canadian law would not let you even visit if you have a DUI. Expunction does not help............Canada and the US share all such records....Use same crime center.... In almost all cases can't even be expunged. You might however be able to get a temporal entry permit if you meet the requirements...........But immigrating there would not work. I had address temporal permits in my old threads……….You can search for the link.

I told you earlier that most countries don't have access to expunged info. I can't tell those which do. But US government does not give it out willingly when expunged……But I said Canada and the US have a special bond and share info...........We know that because we see it from US citizens who have had problems going there even after expunction. If you read my threads............you would see that. DUI is a no no to Canada. I am talking of just DUI. They have their own law (their version of the petty crime exception) on other crimes and the exceptions permitted.

Question about accruing time for Canadian citizenship while working outside of Canada

Question about accruing time for Canadian citizenship while working outside of Canada

My Canadian PR was approved in February 2006 and I have landed in Canada during April 2006.

I am currently working in USA on H1B visa. One of my prospective employers is asking me to join them. They are a global enterprise and have offices in Canada and USA.

My question is, if I join the employer in Canada and then get transferred to same employer in USA. The time I work in USA, can it be counted towards my path to Canadian citizenship? If it can be done what is the proper procedure to that?

Please let me know, if you need additional details.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

kk_kk

Sorry.............this site is mainly US law........But who knows, you might get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back