1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Canadian Citezenship American Born Naturalization, Citizenship

Discussion in 'Green Card, Residency, Naturalization' started by Eastwood1106, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eastwood1106

Eastwood1106 Law Topic Starter New Member

I was born in the United States, however, both my mother and father were born in Canada. However, (here is the worm) they have lived in the United States since the 1960's. I have just finished College, and have decided to move back to Canada to start my life. No papers were ever filed at the time of my birth for dual citezenship. Am I Canadian, if not, will it be to hard to get Canadian citezenship? I do not know where to begin.

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

In which country were you born?

3. NYClex

NYClex New Member

have a look in this forum, we had the same question before and it was answered

4. mrewop

mrewop New Member

Born in Canada and raised in the US

I was born in Canada in 1953. In 1963 my family moved to the US and I was naturalized in 1971.

My question is...can I get dual citizenship with Canada; at the time I wasn't aware of the concept of dual citizenship.

Thanks...