International Issue Canada/US border issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

abesdrisb

Hello and thanks to anyone that can help!

So late last night I was traveled to the Alberta/Montana border with a buddy of mine when we ran into a fair bit of trouble. So right away we arrive and the CBP guy begins asking the routine questions when finally he asks if I was in possession of any firearms. I explained to him that I had an old pellet gun in my trunk and that I could remove it and throw it out considering it did not even work. After saying this the officer told me to open my trunk and I complied. he searched around for far longer than necessary then pulled it out and told us to park around the corner and come inside. We went inside and then he told me to give him the keys to my car. After I did so, he went outside, got into my car and drove it into a garage. After waiting inside for approximately 45 min we were told by another officer, that we now had to go into this locked room. We waited inside, completely unaware of what was going on for about another hour and a half. Finally the original officer came and asked me to empty my pockets and to enter yet another room. I did so and then was thoroughly frisked by one man while the officer told me that i had marijuana inside of my car. I explained that i was unaware of any such thing than was told to leave while my friend had the same done. After waiting for another half hour while the questioned my friend I was pulled into a room with the officer and asked many drung realated questions. NOTE THAT AT NO TIME DURING ANY OF THIS WAS I MADE AWARE OF ANY RIGHTS I MIGHT HAVE. It turned out the officer had found a bag in my car, which he claimed had "shake" in it although I am 100% certain the bag was empty and at BEST contained 10 MILIgrams of pot. He did not have it with him to show me though. After being further questioned and processed (fingerprinted, pictures ect.) I was released at 4:30am with these forms stating a complicated process I now must now go through, to aquire a waiver that may allow me to cross the bored. keep in mind that each one cost 600$, takes about 6 months (as the officer told me) and only works once.

ANY HELP OR ENLIGHTENMENT WOULD BE EXCELLENT!

Your Case

Your case will depend on quite a number of things?/ First....Were you trying to enter at Sweetgrass, Montana?? We have had trouble with that border?
2nd...Did they take a sworn statement from you?? 3rd??Did you admit to drug use?? 4th Do you have any convictions in U,S, or canada(Please include arrests)...

These areas will have an impact on your case. he was talking about a non-immigrant waiver...They don't take 6 months...They are averaging 10 months for them...Now there is a chance that we may be able to get you out of needing a waiver...It will depend on the questions that I've asked you and what is in the database at CBP...Anyway, I work with lawfirms on their border crossing cases...If you need assistance...Please feel free to email at usaimmigration@hotmail.com...I will need to talk to you on the phone...Thanks...Immigration Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back