can you shorten a quiet title action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rscarriganlaw

I have a situation where a client was defrauded out of their home and deeds transferred to three separate fraudulent trusts. the scammers are in jail and now original owners need to short sale but can't due to clouded title. any shorter process then the lengthy quiet title action?

Generally, a quiet title action is brought when there are various individuals or parties claiming conflicting rights to the same piece of property. To settle the allegations and quiet all other false claims, this common law action is brought to resolve erroneous or fraudulent claims as to the title of the land or parcel in dispute. This was for the uninitiated among us counselor.

Counselor, property wasn't my favorite class in law school. I do recall a colleague asking this very question in a property class as a 1L. The professor's answer was clear. She said, yes, but they'd be inappropriate. She went on to say that such an action would be akin to filing a motion requesting relief the court can't grant, or your client can't receive.

Sorry, there may be others better informed on property law, but I know of no short cuts for remedying or adjudicating a clouded title issue.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back