Can You Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUFFINCAT1975

Hello,

Here's the problem about three years ago I co-signed for a 2002 GMC Envoy for a friend of 20 years. He had just come home from 12 years of military service and I agreed to help. He ended up with a drinking problem which lead to him losing his job, his marriage, and dragging me in to a nightmare. Mr. Cummings he lived out of the truck made approximately 2 car payments, received numerous traffic tickets, let his insurance lapse, drove with a suspended license and really messed the truck up. To make a long story short I along with some God sent help and 10,000 dollars caught up with him and got the truck back. That was in 2005. I have since learned my lesson and have assumed the payment responsibility for the truck, however I cannot seem to have him removed from any paperwork regarding the truck. I have talked to many lawyers and other professionals to know avail. I donot know where he is and last I heard he was heading for jail. Meanwhile I am paying for a vehicle in which I can never get rid of. I cannot refinance it, trade it or even sell it for that matter, because his name is still listed. I am frustrated but I am going to find an answer. If there is something I haven't tried please help. It is a shame there is no statue of limitations on this. There definitely needs to be some sort of law that will prevent this type of problem from re-occurring understand my part in this problem by co-signing in the first place but, if I am expected to pay for the vehicle and am the responsible party why isn't it a process set up to have the other party excluded as our agreement for him to own the vehicle was breached. I know I am not the 1st or the last person who will have this problem.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back