Can we search criminal records online

Mindworm

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I have doubt, if i want to search a person public records,court records and arrest records online . Which site is the best to search. If person did a shoplifting it is a crime . So if the store press charges. before the person receive summons can we search that person in public records ? . Is it possible

I have doubt, if i want to search a person public records,court records and arrest records online . Which site is the best to search. If person did a shoplifting it is a crime . So if the store press charges. before the person receive summons can we search that person in public records ? . Is it possible

There are many good sites online that reveal arrest records, even conviction records.
In many states, the sites are run by your state (some county) government agencies.
If the site is run by a governmental agency, a search is FREE.

I see you're in NJ.

This site is run by state government for FREE:

Criminal Cases: PROMIS/Gavel Public Access

Have a look around.

You might find what you're seeking.

There are many good sites online that reveal arrest records, even conviction records.
In many states, the sites are run by your state (some county) government agencies.
If the site is run by a governmental agency, a search is FREE.

I see you're in NJ.

This site is run by state government for FREE:

Criminal Cases: PROMIS/Gavel Public Access

Have a look around.

You might find what you're seeking.
It means i can search the person before he receive any summons in this site

You probably wouldn't find him on record until he's "booked" into the court system.

Until then you would have to go to the police department to search their reports for any record of arrest.

Why do you want this information?

It means i can search the person before he receive any summons in this site

Sorry, mate, only a few select personnel can access the information before the courts get it.

Give it a week or so, then try again.
You might be able to access the arrest data via the arresting agency's site.
Some agencies share that publicly.

Back