Can third party involvement void a contract?

Wheelhouse

Jurisdiction
Florida
If I sign a contract with a business who used a third party to do the initial client screening, can I cancel the contract based on that? Or does it only matter that I signed with the actual business being represented, regardless of who was actually doing the representing and advertising? Would fraud in the inducement apply at all?

If I sign a contract with a business who used a third party to do the initial client screening, can I cancel the contract based on that?

If you WILLINGLY, KNOWLINGLY sign a CONTRACT, you're bound by your actions/choices.

Be further advised, if you wish to receive a true response from an attorney, you need to retain the services of an attorney licensed in the state where you signed the contract to FULLY evaluate your actions.

Any other responses, including mine are simply opinions.

does it only matter that I signed with the actual business being represented, regardless of who was actually doing the representing and advertising?

Entities often engage third parties to finalize contract terms and signing.

does it only matter that I signed with the actual business being represented, regardless of who was actually doing the representing and advertising?

That isn't the only condition that matters, there are others.

What matters is your voluntary signature caused you to be liable as per the contract when you voluntarily chose to affix your signature thereto as you signed and dated the document(s).

Based upon your recitation of events, as expressed in your top post, I see no fraud, or inducement to sign, based upon fraud.

If I sign a contract with a business who used a third party to do the initial client screening, can I cancel the contract based on that? Or does it only matter that I signed with the actual business being represented, regardless of who was actually doing the representing and advertising? Would fraud in the inducement apply at all?

You're spouting hypothetical gibberish.

Provide the details of what your contract is about and what happened that gives rise to your questions.

Then you might get some helpful comments.

Or, as Army Judge suggests, take your contract to an attorney for review.

The details of the contract and what kind of services are involved. Very generally in most contracts the other party may assign the task to be done to a third party even if the contract does not specifically have a term in the contract. That's because in most contracts it not relevant who does the work; so long as you get what you contracted for, that's all that is required. However, there some contracts where performance must be done by the other himself/herself. A classic case of that is hiring a well know actor to act in a play. That actor cannot assign his obligation to some other actor because the fame of the actor who signed the contract would be one of main reasons for hiring the actor. A replacement in that case is not sufficient because no one else can perform as the famous actor signed the contract.

What is the harm you are suffering as a result of the other party assigning his/her obligations in the contract? Is the situation one in which it is commonly assumed will be done personally by the person who signed the contract?

If I sign a contract with a business who used a third party to do the initial client screening, can I cancel the contract based on that?

Without knowing anything about the nature or contents of the contract, it is impossible to say with certainty, but the involvement of a third-party agent would not, by itself, give the other party an automatic right to cancel the contract.

Would fraud in the inducement apply at all?

How could we possibly know? You've provided zero relevant facts.

Back