Can the auto dealership charge me a fee to tell me how much i owe them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulapudypot

This all started when we bought a 98 Dodge Ram PU truck from and auto sales
place. They worked a deal out with us where we paid half down and made payments weekly. They claim they are not a buy here pay here. However after two weeks the motor threw a rod. We had that replaced at our own expense $1500.00. We had this particular vehicle for 8 Months when it started
having other problems. We had this evaluated by a mechanic who said the brain was going bad and the motor was just about shot again. We went back to the dealer. The dealer put us into a 93 chevy 350 diesel. We made another contract, this time the payments were very high $200.00 a week twice the amount than before. Then my husband lost his job and they repoed the vehicle at a month behind on the payments. Now they have sent us a letter stating we have ten days to pay for the vehicle or it will be sold at private auction or at public auction our choice. However they have not told us the full price of what we owe them and further state in the letter if we want to know we have to pay them $10.00. Is this leagal, or are they required to tell us at their expence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back