Can subpeona's turn into harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksidhu

Just to let you know, I am a defendant involved in a civil restraining order case. Just a week ago, I had the Sacramento Sheriff Civil Division serve a civil subpeona (SUBP-001 - Civil Subpoena for personal appearance at trial or hearing form) upon someone to appear as a witness to court as a witbess. I did that because I felt he was closely related to my case; moreover, I felt that he was able to witness for some things in court.

The day the person was served a subpoena was the day he wrote a letter saying that he wasn't going to show up to court. He is also claiming that my subpoena is harassment to him; in addition, he said that my subpoena angered and stressed him out when he received it.

My question to whoever is reading this is, is my subpeona considered harassment since the person I subpoena'd does not want to go to court to testify as a witness.

I guess receiving a subpeona would be stressful to most folks! So what? This isn't harassment in any shape or form.

BTW, I hope this fellow realizes that failure to show up in court after receiving a subpeona to do so could mean a bench warrant is put out against him.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back