Corporate Law Can some coporate fees be unlawful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywatcher

I am an employee of a major hotel chain. Whenever a guest complains to the corporation, no matter what the situation or how awful the guest behaved, or whether they were right or wrong the corporation charges our hotel $150.00 and gives money back, either a full refund or a percentage off to the guest. There is never a discussion concerning the validity of the accusation. I believe that there are a lot of fees charged by corporations and banks that are not really lawful. My question is how can you find out if this is considered fair practice, or even legal fees? Who governs that sort of thing?

It's the hotel that's being charged by the corporation? Not the employees?

Yes it is the hotel that gets charged. I just believe that many corporations and banks as I said before have ways of charging fees that I don't think they really have a right to charge. I know there are regulations that govern that sort of thing and when there is an unwaranted fee, such as when a hotel receives a complaint they should not be charged for the violation unless they investigate and realize that the hotel was at fault but if the hotel can show it was the guest who was wrong then there should be no automatic fee just because the complaint was registered.
I hope I haven't made it more confusing with my explanation. I'm mostly interested in what the regulation is concerning fees being charged.
I know that the telephone company has been cited for fees that were not really legal or necessary and had to stop at one time or so I had heard. That is what made me think of the possibility. Thank you for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back