Consumer Law, Warranties Can podiatrist force me to complete and pay for six sessions

xmer

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I don't make much and unemployed. I have a hurt foot. I went through the first session of MS laser therapy for my foot. The pain is still there. I have five more sessions to go when it supposedly will be healed. The doctor said I would still need to do physical therapy and go easy on my foot from now on. The physical therapy was helping. But since the physical therapist was out sick I wasn't able to complete sessions. I'm trying to avoid surgery.

I'm just not sure if continuing laser therapy will be worth paying another $60 × 5 more times and the pain still there. There's minimal invasive

Can I just call the doctor and see if Medicare will cover non invasive surgery? Instead of paying for the cold laser sessions that may only tweak pain a little but no real fix.

Can I just call the doctor and see if Medicare will cover non invasive surgery?

You are free to ask your health care provider anything you wish to ask, if he or she is willing to listen.

You also have the ability to speak with one of the excellent, customer centric, employees at Medicare.

Contact Medicare
https://www.medicare.gov/talk-to-someone

Need help beyond what's on Medicare.gov?

You can talk or live chat with a real person, 24 hours a day, 7 days week (except some federal holidays.)

1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)
TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048

Start a Live Chat

If you have an account, log in before you start your chat.

Is your test, item, or service covered?

https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/is-your-test-item-or-service-covered

So I guess the doctor can bill you for not following through with the sessions? Now it is a legal question.
That would depend on your contract. Review your contract.

There was no contract only verbal agreement. I did call and leave a message and did email their office. They were closed today.

Based on what you've said, I doubt the doctor has any reason to charge you for unused sessions. Has the doctor indicated that he intends to charge you for unused sessions?

There was no contract only verbal agreement.

A "verbal agreement" can be a contract. That said, if your "verbal agreement" did not obligate you to pay for the full course of treatment and was only a pay-as-you-go deal, then you should not be liable for any treatment you don't receive.

It is rare for you to be required to pay for care that did not happen. If you did not sign a contract agreeing to all six sessions and if you did not have appointments scheduled for which you did not show up, I doubt if you are responsible for paying for anything beyond the one treatment you did receive.

Back