Can not register my vehicle!

Kaystew123

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello, I've purchased a car in April from the Kia/Nissan of union city Ga. And now it's August and I still can't register the vehicle. I've contacted the dealer multiple times about it and they always promise that it will be ready before the temp tag expires and they have fail to meet those deadlines after 5 temp tags. I always ask for the GM and they always tell me that he is not there! I've talk to the manager and he just tells me to talk to tag and title and it's the same story every time! I've put down $2000 on this car and paid all the car payments! I don't want to keep paying on a car I can not register! Any advice?

Visit DMV, or whatever it's called in your state.
Report your pain, see if the state can, or will help.

As long as you are getting legitimate temp tags and have the proper insurance cards in your possession you are not being "damaged" in the eyes of the law so the best you can do is wait, and keep making your payments because you own the car and are obligated to the lender regardless of the registration issue.

However, you might get some action if you write to the owner and rattle his cage a bit. I'm assuming that this is the dealership you are referring to.

Scott Smith, CEO
Kia of Union City, Inc
4080 Jonesboro Rd
Union City, GA 30291

As long as you are getting legitimate temp tags and have the proper insurance cards in your possession you are not being "damaged" in the eyes of the law so the best you can do is wait, and keep making your payments because you own the car and are obligated to the lender regardless of the registration issue.

However, you might get some action if you write to the owner and rattle his cage a bit. I'm assuming that this is the dealership you are referring to.

Scott Smith, CEO
Kia of Union City, Inc
4080 Jonesboro Rd
Union City, GA 30291

Yes it is actually! Thanks!

Back