Parole, Probation can my probation officer keep me from seeing my kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrrighteous

I have been convicted of custodial interference in the third degree and attempted delivery of marijuana to a minor, and am now on probation can my probation officer keep me from seeing my kids because of these and or send me to jail for being around any minors?

Is there any such prohibition in your probation conditions? If you are prohibited from contacting any minor and no exception is made for YOUR kids, then, yes, he can violate you.

Apparently your probation officer thinks you will try to get your kids high. Unless you get the judge who sentenced you to probation to override your PO, you run the risk of being violated.

The hits keep right on coming.
We're doomed.

How any parent or anyone for that matter, could sell drugs to kids is beyond me. Your PO is doing your kids a favor. Let him. Obviously you don't care enough about them to refrain from criminal activity, and against other kids! Why should you be allowed to negatively influence your children further? Good parents aren't criminals who sell kids drugs. Do not expect a judge to award you visitation or custody.

Actually I'd say the odds are pretty good he has already shared a few blunts with his kids. The PO's job is to lead him not into temptation and deliver him from evil.

I'd guess that you're correct or in the ballpark.
As the clamor to legalize weed increases, I suspect that we'll all look fondly upon the time when June Bug or Sunflower would secretly puff on discarded cigarette bunks or take a swig from a discarded beer bottle or two.
Yes, I've seen it done, disgusting....

How any parent or anyone for that matter, could sell drugs to kids is beyond me. Your PO is doing your kids a favor. Let him. Obviously you don't care enough about them to refrain from criminal activity, and against other kids! Why should you be allowed to negatively influence your children further? Good parents aren't criminals who sell kids drugs. Do not expect a judge to award you visitation or custody.
my case had nothing to do with selling drugs to minors whatsoever, I took my kids to Alaska away from my wife and yes I admit that was wrong but as far as the weed goes my wife's older step daughter got it out of my garage and smoke it with her friends, but my two kids are 8 and 10 years old, they put a standard no contact order on all this so called victims and my two young boys are in there

my case had nothing to do with selling drugs to minors whatsoever, I took my kids to Alaska away from my wife and yes I admit that was wrong but as far as the weed goes my wife's older step daughter got it out of my garage and smoke it with her friends, but my two kids are 8 and 10 years old, they put a standard no contact order on all this so called victims and my two young boys are in there

Then it seems that you have to obey those orders until such time as they are removed. So, you appear to have answered your own question.

If there is a standard no contact order, then why do you believe your PO can't keep you from seeing your kids? Of course the PO can as long as the order is in effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back