Assault & Battery Can mother now go to jail if she forced child into prostitution who was a minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scornell

I am 21 years old and from ages 6 to 9 my biological mother would allow men to sexually abuse or rape me for money, drugs or alcohol, for herself. At age 9 my father found out of the physical abuse and acquired a restraining order for me against her. The restraining order is still in effect. The sexual abuse was never reported. I did tell my teacher when I was 7, but after speaking with my mother she didn't believe me, the school did make a record of accusation. Over the years my mother has acquired a very long rap sheet from drugs, prostitution and assault.

I wanted to know if there was any way I could now attempt to have her put in jail? If so, how and is there a chance she would even go?

First, speak to the police in the location where this occurred. They can tell you if (a) there is a chance of prosecution for what happened based upon the statute of limitations and the details, and, (b) what the chances of a successful prosecution might be.

It will not be easy, but it is possible to prosecute these sorts of things.

I am 21 years old and from ages 6 to 9 my biological mother would allow men to sexually abuse or rape me for money, drugs or alcohol, for herself. At age 9 my father found out of the physical abuse and acquired a restraining order for me against her. The restraining order is still in effect. The sexual abuse was never reported. I did tell my teacher when I was 7, but after speaking with my mother she didn't believe me, the school did make a record of accusation. Over the years my mother has acquired a very long rap sheet from drugs, prostitution and assault.

I wanted to know if there was any way I could now attempt to have her put in jail? If so, how and is there a chance she would even go?

Go for it! Atleast talk to the police, she deserves what she will get if convicted. Hopefully she has no more children.

Go for it! Atleast talk to the police, she deserves what she will get if convicted. Hopefully she has no more children.

You need to speak with the police if you seriously want something done to her. The more details you have the better the case. If you know the names of any of the men, that is really helpful. I am sorry you had to experience this, but just remember once you talk with the police they will investigate into it, so keep your head up and stay strong. Your mother will try to discredit you in court but do not get discouraged, and you may find within a support group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back