Can I sue? Where do I start?

tessb411

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
I have an auto loan that has got about $2500 magically added to it. My contract is up in Sept but my balance is still almost 5000 when I should only owe $1800. I tried to have the corporate office fix it but they keep giving me a huge run around about how systems got deleted or how I was late so I requested copies of all deposit slips because I always pay with cash and I haven't heard anything back Where do I start? What are my rights? They added more time to my contract to 01/15/2018. Isn't that breach of contract? Help

I always pay with cash

Do you get and keep receipts?

If you don't (didn't) then you are screwed.

Of course you haven't heard back. The lender has absolutely no obligation to give you the time of day.

It's up to you to provide your records to show payment and apparently you can't.

Sure, you can sue. But without evidence of payment, you'll lose.

No receipts but I have my credit report saying I made payments and how much. Please don't comment on my post and be a jackass.

Please watch your language. You can send them what you have & see what they say.

Paying anyone in cash, before they agree to provide you a VALID receipt is foolish.
Would YOU pay your utility bill, or any blil by mailing HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS using the US MAIL?

You certainly can bring a lawsuit in your state's small claims court.
When the judge ask to see PROOF you paid the bill, what will you show as that proof?

Back