Can I sue this website to have this removed and damages???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Directormanx

There is a court reporting website that has posted an article regarding a bogus lawsuit that I was involved in that a few days after suing me the plaintiff dropped the case. I am in the entertainment business and the plaintiff used the lawsuit as a way of defaming my character and embarrassing me into letting them out of a contract. The court reporting site is the only one that picked up this story and subsequently this story is high on my Google Search and the lies claimed in the lawsuit have damaged my reputation and cost me several jobs. Even tho the lawsuit was full of lies the damage has been done and no people think those lies are now the truth. I have asked the site to remove the posting on 19 different occasions and they replied back once saying they have a legal right to post it. If I have notified them that the lawsuit was false and the damaging claims in the case were false and their review of the case was false then wouldn't they be libel for continuing to post this article knowing the facts of the case are false??? What if any legal action do I have? This is ruining my life and career.

They are correct. There is no defamation here - they are simply publishing true facts (that there was a lawsuit against you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back