can i sue the towed company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oran

My car was towed and when i pickep up the car at towed company . I found out that they broke my exhaust. I want to know if i can sue the towed company? And i want to know if i can sue them what i should do or who i should contact ?
thank you everybody

It is an issue you can settle in small claims if necessary.
I am assuming you have confronted the tow company and demanded repair, and they have refused?

i sent them the claim and the picture 2 times. The first time they said they didn't get it. Then the second time i registered with post office to make sure that someone would get my mail. I checked online about my mail i found out that my mail still at their p.o box. They just ignore my mail. My husband told me if nobody picks up the mail within 15 days, my mail will be back to me. I will wait untill the mail get back to me and i will sue them. Moreover, anytimes i call them they keep telling me that the person in charge is not there such as lunch time, just left . etc. Do you think i should wait or i should sue them now? thank you

If they are ignoring you then go ahead and make a suit in small claims. When asked if you contacted them and tried to resolve the problem you can answer that you gave an honest effort.
It may be possible the mail hasn't been picked up due to the holidays though... maybe...

Why did they tow your car? Was it being impounded? Was it a private tow? It makes a big difference.

i was towed because i got 2 tickets and i didn't pay. But i accepted to pay it. The point is they break my exhaust and they ignored to make responsibility. And they are so mean when i called them and they had a lot of excuse for not talk with me.

If the tow company damaged your car then they are responsible for the repairs. You will just have to be convinving enough to show that they actually caused the damage.
If you have not put your request in writing yet, then do so. If they don't offer to settle things then take the matter to small claims.

someone told me that before the towed company towed my car , someone would write down on a paper for making sure that every part of my car was good and notthing broke. How can i get that paper ? thank you

If you sue the tow company you can get it by subpoena or discovery.

Sue the company first, then subpoena the paper or get it in the discovery process (depending on the rules of the court you use). You can also just ask the tow truck company, they will probably supply it. If they won't they probably know they are guilty.

Hi everybody
i want to know if i win the case , they will give me money back right away or i have to contact someone to follow my money. Thank you

You'll get a judgment for $XXX if you prevail. Then you will have to enforce that judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back