Premises Liability Can I sue homeowner directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsTriste

I fell down outside stairs of rental home. My injuries are too many to list. I have a (crappy) lawyer who filed suit against the homeowner, and she is being represented by her insurance company's VERY hard-hitting independent counsel (this is over a million dollar claim). My question is: I believe the homeowner was negligent in renting an unsafe house to us, and I would like to see her take some responsibility for ruining my life. It doesn't seem right that because she was insured she gets to walk away from being punished for her negligence. Can I sue her personally?

Last edited:
According your post you are suing the homeowner and she is represented by the insurance company.

I fell down outside stairs of rental home. My injuries are too many to list. I have a (crappy) lawyer who filed suit against the homeowner, and she is being represented by her insurance company's VERY hard-hitting independent counsel (this is over a million dollar claim). My question is: I believe the homeowner was negligent in renting an unsafe house to us, and I would like to see her take some responsibility for ruining my life. It doesn't seem right that because she was insured she gets to walk away from being punished for her negligence. Can I sue her personally?

Q: Can I sue her personally?

A: I have a (crappy) lawyer who filed suit against the homeowner....

I do not think my question was answered. Can I sue her in a separate action where she is not being defended by a huge insurance company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back