Can I sue for emotional distress?

Yeah I see your dad also wasn't able to teach you how to read. Please come back and answer my question when you do learn because none of what you said pertains to my questions. Thanks have a good day.

Lol what? I know how to read very well and have excellent reading comprehension. Everything I said has everything to do with your post. It does pertain to your questions. I'm also not sure what my dad has to do with this. He wasn't ever accused of anything nor has he ever been charged or arrested with any crime. Let alone one against kids.

My post is right - you can sue for whatever you want but you're not guaranteed to win. So go ahead and waste your money because from what you said you have no case. No one did anything to you.

Yeah I definitely used the wrong words sorry. During this time my aunts harassed me, not my cousin. It got to the point where I had to move so they wouldn't know where we lived. I have multiple messages from multiple aunts berating me and my mother with hateful messages. Almost none of which relate to my dad. They laughed when we were displaced and starving and even took pride in it. They have harassed me even to this day, although none of it was physical. It left me traumatized and unstable which is why I want compensation so that I may afford to get treatment. I'm asking if I have enough grounds to sue my aunts, not my cousin, for the emotional distress they have caused me. I am not able to have healthy relationships with myself or with others and cannot receive treatment because I have to work and have to go to school. I hope this clarifies things. Thank you for our time.

So why didn't you block them? That easily stops any "harassment." You don't have to allow them to message you or talk to you. Yet you did. So that's your fault.

See what you can qualify from the state for treatment but you're not going to win a lawsuit especially years after the fact.

Back