Assault & Battery Can I still press assault charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractwhite

This guy walked on top of my car and broke my windshield "accidently". I never filed a police report because he was my friend and said he would pay for it. He only paid part of it and when I went to confront him about it(infront of the entrance at a bar), I got held down and beat up. He then goes online and admits to 'bashing my head in'. I also had to go to the doctor the next day so I have that on record as well. By the time I found out that I was supposed to press charges, I thought it was too late and I hadn't had the evidence ready. Less than a month had passed and my boyfriend saw him out and hit him over the head with a glass bottle. The guy then pressed charges against my boyfriend, who is now in jail for three months. He also claimed that I tried to hit him with my car when he broke my windshield, which is not true at all and I have plenty of witnesses. I really want to press charges against this guy, I'm just afraid it is too late and people keep telling me different things to do about the situation. Please can someone give me some advice, step by step of what I could maybe do to help get this guy. He has cost me hundreds of dollars and now put my boyfriend in jail for 2nd degree assault. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back