Can I pay off house

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostinMe

My jurisdiction is: Maine

My soon to be ex-husband has been making payments on a mobile home the past four years to the owners of the park where it's located. We married and I have lived here for two years. The Sales agreement he signed sounds more like a rental agreement, saying he's entitled to possession of it, and even a default clause saying they can retake possession if he defaults on payment or terms of cotract. He still has a small balance left and doesn't want to pay it off right now. Divorce is in our future. My question is, if I wanted to pay it off, would the sellers have the right to refuse to allow me to do so? We are still legally married papers have not been filed yet. I feel he is doing this deliberately so the home won't become Marital Property. I have made this my home and really don't want to leave. He's cut off all communication with me, so discussing this with him isn't an option. I am still living here, and he comes here to sleep. Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back