Weapons, Guns, Firearms can i have a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinsmum01

my husband is an x felon , it happened ten years ago. I have a clean record never been in trouble in my life. we have recently had a huge situation where we live and i need something to protect my boys and myself. I am home alone 95% of the time. My question is can i have a gun with my husband being an x felon? thank you for your time

my husband is an x felon , it happened ten years ago. I have a clean record never been in trouble in my life. we have recently had a huge situation where we live and i need something to protect my boys and myself. I am home alone 95% of the time. My question is can i have a gun with my husband being an x felon? thank you for your time
If your husband has any possible access to the gun, he can go to jail.

If you possess a gun, it had better be in a secure location for which he has no access (no key, combination, etc.) and cannot ever come in to contact with it.

However, depending on what offense he was convicted of and when, your state may have some varying rules on the issue. So, it might benefit you to speak to the local law enforcement agency or check with your state's Attorney General's office (likely via the web) and see if it can even be in the home.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back