Can I get the help I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bereagal

I have been married for 20 yrs and we have 2 kids. One is still a minor, the other a freshman in college. My husband has left our home, this is the second time in a year that he has done this. He filed for divorce in jan of this year and we had an initial court date in Feb and at that time he was ordered to pay child support and spousal support. After paying for 3 weeks he beggedto come back home and I let him. I thought I was doing what was best for the kids. He left again Nov 3 and has been out of the home since then. There has not been a penny to the kids for support of any kind. I have always been a stay at home mom because that was what he wanted. he made enough money to support us and we lived comfortably. His income exceeds 50,000.00 per year. When he left this time he took the only vehicle that we had and I have no way to even get food unless I borrow a car. He doesn't use the car except one day a week. He is an over the road trucker and is out of state except on Saturdays. He just took the car to another county and parked it. I have ask for it to be returned. We have a court date set for Mon the 8th. What are my chances that I will be awarded spousal support and for how long? I don't want to live off my husband forever, I just need some help until I can get back on my feet. Thanks for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back