Security Deposit can i get my deposit back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skay

My boyfriend and I signed a 6mth lease payed $500 deposit and agreed to get with him on later date to pay $100. There was items on property and grass needed to be mowed. The landlord agreed that my boyfriend could clean up the place but wanted a percentage of any profit made from scrap. My boyfriend and landlord made verbal agreements as I walked away and continued to communicate on there own I stayed out of it. Meanwhile a week went by we still hadn't moved in only a few bags of clothes was taken over and my boyfriend got arrested due to the fact that my landlord pressed charges of theft,evicted us&refuses to give me back my security deposit of $500. Please tell me my rights as a tenant. I'm now homeless and no $ to get a place while boyfriend is still in jail.

My boyfriend and I signed a 6mth lease payed $500 deposit and agreed to get with him on later date to pay $100. There was items on property and grass needed to be mowed. The landlord agreed that my boyfriend could clean up the place but wanted a percentage of any profit made from scrap. My boyfriend and landlord made verbal agreements as I walked away and continued to communicate on there own I stayed out of it. Meanwhile a week went by we still hadn't moved in only a few bags of clothes was taken over and my boyfriend got arrested due to the fact that my landlord pressed charges of theft,evicted us&refuses to give me back my security deposit of $500. Please tell me my rights as a tenant. I'm now homeless and no $ to get a place while boyfriend is still in jail.

You mean the landlord just kicked you out, no judge was involved, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back