Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Can I get arrested for loitering in my own home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieR

I live with my parents. A couple days ago, our house got raided. They found an ounce of weed. That's it. They keep insisting that my dad sells weed and pills. Needless to say, he doesn't. All they can get him with is possession. They arrested me and charged me with Loitering at a Drug House. Can they do that? How can I loiter at my own house? They said I shouldn't have been there but I asked them what I'm supposed to do. I'm only 18. Im in college and working and right now I can't afford to live on my own. Weed really isn't a big deal anyways. I just think it's crap cuz I didn't even do anything wrong. I can't help that my dad smokes weed.
I wasn't acting out or anything. They said they took me because I was running my mouth, but I wasn't. When they searched my dad, they found almost $400 on him and they were being a smartass about it and I told them that he had a job. They said oh yea he works real hard huh? I said he works for the landlord (which he does) and he had just gotten paid the night before. Then I looked at my dad and told him not to worry cuz we'll get the money back cuz we can have the landlord call and talk to them saying he did pay him and how much. I didn't say anything other than that.

What state do you live in? It sounds weird to me that they could arrest you for just being in your own house. Can you prove that you actually live there? Like do you have mail or anything that comes to the house in your name? Good luck with that.

I live in michigan. And yea i can prove that I live here. My I.D has the address on it and I have tons of mail that comes here.

If I was you, I'd go to court and fight it. Clearly you can prove you live there and you can prove that the house is your parents house. There is no law that states that you can't live with your parents. So, I can't see how they would be able to charge you for being in your parents house. It sounds to me that the police were just trying to punish you because they didn't like your attitude. Good luck.

they shoudl nto be able to charge you for anything. Your not in possession and theres nothin tying you to the weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back