Can I force my mother into revealing my dad?

KimberlySz

Jurisdiction
Oregon
I discovered that my dad is not my biological father. He verbally confirmed this and I am waiting for the DNA results. Since I have health issues and I am legal age (49) I would like at least the NAME of my biological father for research. Can I legally force my mother to provide it?

No, there is no law you can invoke that will force your mother to provide you with his identity.

I discovered that my dad is not my biological father. He verbally confirmed this and I am waiting for the DNA results. Since I have health issues and I am legal age (49) I would like at least the NAME of my biological father for research. Can I legally force my mother to provide it?

What did your mother say when you asked her who your bio father is?

And if you haven't asked her I suggest you do that.

If DNA results verify your Dad is not your bio Father, ask your Mother who is.

People no longer need to ask their relatives about family health histories.
Some years ago, back in 2008 or 2009, I had a few medical problems.
My physician ordered a series of DNA studies.
The DNA offered me information about things my parents, or older relatives never knew.
My family was amazed.

All I'm saying is, no need to worry about knowing who provided the sperm to mate with your mother's egg, because a proper DNA study will reveal far more (with 100% accuracy, I might add), than all of the relatives on both sides of your family tree!!!

Try to just love your mother, because she did carry you to term fifty years ago.
Upon your birth, she mothered you for 50 years, as did your dad.
Do yourself a favor, just live your life and be glad to be alive.
Each morning 200,000 people don't wake up, their lives are over.
Thank your lucky stars you and I get another day to a little better.

Back