Can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachgrd

Can I sell T-shirts bearing the name of a college that closed in 1984? The institution closed and the property was sold to the State and is now a prison.

Thank you,
Gary

If the name is a copyrighted name, then you need to find out who owns the rights to see if you can get permission to reprint the name and probably negotiate royalties. Just because the college closed that doesn't mean that the name is now available for one to do whatever they can think of and not having a physical location doesn't mean anything either. Hope this helps!

If the name is a copyrighted name, then you need to find out who owns the rights to see if you can get permission to reprint the name and probably negotiate royalties. Just because the college closed that doesn't mean that the name is now available for one to do whatever they can think of and not having a physical location doesn't mean anything either. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the reply.

Can you provide me any direction as to how I would find out if it is a copyrighted name and who owns the rights? Is this public knowledge?
Thanks again,:)

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back