Consumer Law, Warranties can i do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

maboley

my wife and i got married in october of 2009. the photographer we hired cost us $3000 dollars. the package we bought had $1049 worth of credits toward pictures. In the past we have tried to contact them and never got a response. Now I have finally gotten ahold of them and they are telling me they no longer have a business and i cannot get my picture credit. I have no pictures and I am out the money. Do i have and rights and where do I go from here?

If he's out of business,you're likely to be outta soap.

But, you could try a small claims suit.

Problem there is, if you win, you'd still have to collect your loot.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Even though they are out of business, you can try suing them in small claims court. (Il. small claims court max. is $10,000 so you should be ok there.) If you have a written contract, there is a 10 yr. SOL to sue in Il.; oral contract 5 yrs.

That's the only thing I can think of unless someone else has another suggestion. Good luck.

Sorry army judge, your post re small claims court etc. wasn't there when I started mine. I took the time to check the SOL in Il. (& small claims court max. amt.) & by the time I got mine submitted off, yours was there.

You're very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back