Can he take my daughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCWIFE31607

Okay,here is the deal. My ex-husband is a United States Marine and currently serving in Iraq, when he gets home in September his contract with the Marines will be up. My divorce papers state that I have to live in Ellis County or Contigious Countys. (The divorce was done in TX) I am now re-married to a United States Marine and have been since March of this year. He is getting re-stationed to Battle Creek Michigan, I am wanting to go back to court and get the papers changed so that I can move out of state with my daughter. Can I do this? What are the odds of the judge saying that I can move to Michigan but he gets custody of our daughter? Can they even take her away from me for that? Or will they make me stay in Texas? I am worried that its going to come down to yes you can move with your husband but the father gets the daughter or no you can not move with the child if you want to keep her then you stay here? Please help me! Even though we were married for over 2 years and we lived together he never was a father to her and his xbox and beer was more important and now all of a sudden since his new wife is 7 years older and has 3 kids he wants to be a dad and take her!!!! Can he?? I am not an unfit mother, I don't drink, party, go clubbing, or do drugs!!!

If you can prove the move is in the childs best interest, you may be granted it. Nobody here an predict what the courts will grant. Dad certainly has the right to dispute the move. Have you tried working something out with him? You really should see an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back