Can dcs take my children because i am living with a friend until i can find a place of my own?

Momof2needshelp

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I have recently went through a domestic incident and we were living with his parents. I was told to leave so when he got out of jail he would have a place to go. Now im trying very hard to find an apartment for me and my 2 kids (staying in hotels and with a friend) until i find one. Someone called dcs and told them i was unfit and their father was a danger to them. Can they take my kids away from me even though i do have a place to stay and i am looking every day for my own place?

If the kids are in a safe environment where their needs are being taken care of you should be fine.

I have recently went through a domestic incident and we were living with his parents. I was told to leave so when he got out of jail he would have a place to go. Now im trying very hard to find an apartment for me and my 2 kids (staying in hotels and with a friend) until i find one. Someone called dcs and told them i was unfit and their father was a danger to them. Can they take my kids away from me even though i do have a place to stay and i am looking every day for my own place?

DCS will investigate - as long as your kids are safe and taken care of they will not take them away. You living with a friend is not a reason to remove kids from their parent. If you stay away from their father then that's even better.

If they find signs of obvious neglect or abuse they might take them but if you're just down on your luck that isn't something for them to take your kids away over.

It takes more than a single phone call to remove children. There would like be an investigation and long as the "friend" is not a child abuser etc and children are clearly cared for your fine. In fact bring in social services could give you access to help you need

It takes more than a single phone call to remove children. There would like be an investigation and long as the "friend" is not a child abuser etc and children are clearly cared for your fine. In fact bring in social services could give you access to help you need

(I'm not trying to hijack this but I can't seem to initiate private messages. Can you contact someone at Parent Nook forum about issues with logging in? I can't find a contact and when I click on board listings or the issues forum it asks me to log in which I can't log in for some reason).

Back