Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Can anything be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lis1007

Hi there, I don't know much about criminal law, or if anything can be done in this situation, but I thought I'd see what someone would have to say about this situation. I'm writing in regards to another person.
A loved one recently moved across country to Ocean City, MD. He has a drinking problem that got him into trouble. From what I heard he was trespassing, had been drinking and had an open bottle of booze. From what I have heard he didn't break into anyone's home or car or anything like that. I read the charges, and he was put in jail for possession of open container of alcohol, deadly/dangerous weapon (which I am unsure of what it was), burglary in the fourth degree with tools in the fourth degree. From what I heard whatever he had on him was the only thing he had on him. So the tools and weapon had to have been the same thing. He has two felony convictions that are 7 and 8 years old. He needs to be in rehab. His convictions are the result of alcohol and drug use. I'm not making excuses for him, only that when he's clean he doesn't do these things. I'm worried that if he gets convicted again, he'll be in prison and he's never going to get the help he needs. Are there recourses for people who need rehabilitation?

There is nothing you can do. Your friend has a drinking problem and nothing but problems are going to arise for him. He needs an attorney. If he cannot afford one then a public defender should be appointed.

You probably are not being told the whole story here either. Let him worry about himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back