Can Anything Be Done About This "Higher Up".

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGravatt

I work as a supervisor for a small organization. On site we have myself, our Founder/Director, a Director of Development, an office manger and fundraisers. There is no real HR department; I guess that would be I and the office manager.

My question involves the DD (Director of Development). Myself, the office manager, SR Fundraiser and DD are all considered salary. The first 3 of us have limited time off before they dock out pay...fair enough. On the other hand, the DD has unlimited time off without seeing a deduction in his pay. He's already amassed double time time out we have used and still does not lose a dime. He's told one fundraiser that he found it "sad" that she would probably work there forever.

We also have problems with him in the way of snide/sexist comments. He's made off colored remarks about my son being Autistic, and about employees being lazy because they drove to lunch rather than walked. He forgets we only have 30 minutes, he has however long he wants. Today he called our office manager to gloat about his candidate winning the election. Most of us our liberal in our office and we talk about politics, but we know our OM is a conservative so we either refrain from talking about it around her, or talk about non-partisan issues.

I've brought these issues to our Director several times. It always get passed off as we do not understand his sense of humor. That's not it. 95% of the time he is not in our office and when he does, he does his best to belittle those who work their butts off. There have been no reprimands, not write-ups...nothing. Is there anything we can do as an office. It's an uncomfortable work environment and without an HR department and our own Founder/Director ignoring the situation, we don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back