Can anyone solve this dilemma??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahe22

a Canadian girl married a man from the middle east and went back to Canada, then asked for divorce, her husband started to arrange for divorce, but before he divorce her he found out that she got married from another man!!! so she's still married legally for the first one and married the second, she's married to two people now, so what the law in Canada can treat these cases? and if a Canadian girl got married outside of Canada, do the Canadian government know about that? or she can still be able to marry another one as she "never married" :rolleyes:

a Canadian girl married a man from the middle east and went back to Canada, then asked for divorce, her husband started to arrange for divorce, but before he divorce her he found out that she got married from another man!!! so she's still married legally for the first one and married the second, she's married to two people now, so what the law in Canada can treat these cases? and if a Canadian girl got married outside of Canada, do the Canadian government know about that? or she can still be able to marry another one as she "never married" :rolleyes:

I know that the US recognizes marriages within foreign countries. I am not an expert on Canadian law but I am guessing that there are laws where she can get the marriage anulled as it is a marriage based upon fraud. In such an instance, I believe the marriage is "voidable" (means you need to do something to terminate it) as opposed to "void" (was never valid) like it would be if you were a minor. In which country did she get married?

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. It must be very difficult...

Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate that. actually she remarried in Morroco, but how can she get the marriage annulled as it is a marriage based upon fraud, if she doesn't have any evidence that it wasn't a genuine marriage? and if she was pretty successful to proof that, won't they (I mean the court that annulled that marriage) in canada tell her husband about the Divorce which they give to her? I mean like sending him a divorce decree or something!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back