Can anyone help

Ciderman41

Jurisdiction
Europe
Hi I'm am paying for a car on finance. I registered it in girlfriends name, as she drove it more because I have a work van. We have now separated and she won't give car back...

Despite offering several non-U.S. jurisdictions in the drop-down menu, these boards cover matters of U.S. law only.

That said, if you registered the car in her name, it's her car, so why would you expect her to give it back?

Here in the US the owner's name on the title is what would matter. But things may be different there. Best bet go to a police station with all of your paperwork and ask them what options you have.

Hi I'm am paying for a car on finance. I registered it in girlfriends name, as she drove it more because I have a work van. We have now separated and she won't give car back...

In the USA doing what you did may have gifted her the vehicle.

In the USA one registers and titles a motor vehicle.

The mere act of registering a car (if that is permissible) doesn't alone GIFT someone the car, if you TITLED the car in YOUR name and not hers!

All of what I posted above might mean NOTHING legally in the UK, which is where you reside.

Back