Rent, Utilities Can a stop payment be placed on a money order?

kymmys

I had advertised for a roommate. The one I chose was completely opposite her description!
She is a raging VIOLENT alcoholic who came with 3 T H R E E. cats! She talked to herself the way haed core drunks do, NONSTOP she drank 24/7.
When after she first arrived she's only gave me first months rent not the first AND last wich was the requirements.
She stands 6'2 230 pounds, shes more a he than she. I am 5'9 123 pounds disabled wheelchair bound! The fear factor was intense.
It was the first week and she began her raging drunk and began knocking on my bedroom do would tell me to get up, to do this and do that. I had to start locKing my door.
When it kept up I told her to either knock it off or shed have leave. Well she in turn told me this isn't working for her and to give back her money order. I told her id already deposited it. So she made a mad dash to her bank and stopped payment!
She came back and told me and i told her to leave she promised not to drink and would phit ut the cash on a new m.o.
story short she never did pay a dime and eventually got so drunk she me in front of witnesses she was so drunk the officer made her be gone by the following morning.
My IDIOTIC Bank of America allowed stop payment and my bank is overdrawn and climbing! They were warned not to allow that M.O. to go back and they still did it.
Ive took loss of half my rent which was to be used to cover utilities its a major domino disaster.
What do I do? I still have original M.O. as it was deposited via Smart Phone.

Help!

I had advertised for a roommate. The one I chose was completely opposite her description!
She is a raging VIOLENT alcoholic who came with 3 T H R E E. cats! She talked to herself the way haed core drunks do, NONSTOP she drank 24/7.
When after she first arrived she's only gave me first months rent not the first AND last wich was the requirements.
She stands 6'2 230 pounds, shes more a he than she. I am 5'9 123 pounds disabled wheelchair bound! The fear factor was intense.
It was the first week and she began her raging drunk and began knocking on my bedroom do would tell me to get up, to do this and do that. I had to start locKing my door.
When it kept up I told her to either knock it off or shed have leave. Well she in turn told me this isn't working for her and to give back her money order. I told her id already deposited it. So she made a mad dash to her bank and stopped payment!
She came back and told me and i told her to leave she promised not to drink and would phit ut the cash on a new m.o.
story short she never did pay a dime and eventually got so drunk she me in front of witnesses she was so drunk the officer made her be gone by the following morning.
My IDIOTIC Bank of America allowed stop payment and my bank is overdrawn and climbing! They were warned not to allow that M.O. to go back and they still did it.
Ive took loss of half my rent which was to be used to cover utilities its a major domino disaster.
What do I do? I still have original M.O. as it was deposited via Smart Phone.

Help!

Who knows, unless you EXAMINED her, she may have been a HE in transition to become a SHE.

What can you do?
Well, that's up to you.
You could TRY and sue her, assuming you can find her, and she has any assets which could be seized, assuming you would prevail in a lawsuit.
That said, I suggest you avoid renting rooms.
Why?
Search this forum, search the internet, your story (or one similar) is repeated over and over.
It seems that most who seek to rent rooms, are down on their luck, unemployed (or underemployed), with some addiction, or with some form of a mental health condition.

In my humble opinion, you're better off on your own.
Allowing some unknown BEAST into your home could have ended far worse than it did with you.

Back