Can a cop mail you a ticket for parking in park after dark?

adt6609

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I was parked in the park after hours around 9pm and it was dark. To be straight forward I was in the back with my girlfriend and nothing happened we were just kissing (stupid I know, dumb mistake). So a police car comes down and flashes his high beams at the car and honks twice. (I was confused) I was expecting him to get out, knock on the window and give us a ticket. My girlfriend and I immediately return to the front seats expecting the cop to come out but he never does. The cop remains in the car and does not try to block the exit. Instead he turns his car light off and we drive slowly out of the park. Was he being nice, or is he going to mail me a ticket soon?

Was he being nice, or is he going to mail me a ticket soon?

You were there, and you don't know.

Others who were NEVER there are more clueless than you are.

You'll just have to wait and see.

I doubt he'll mail YOU a ticket, when he never obtained your identification.

The cop probably doesn't even know who you are, and you'll never hear more about this matter.

If you do, all you have to do is REMAIN SILENT and let the state PROVE its case.

That's one of the reasons why stupid people blab, informed people REMAIN SILENT.

It sounds like the police officer was just trying to get you out of the park. There is no way we can know for sure what the officer's intentions were.

How can he mail you a ticket when he didn't talk to you? He just wanted you to leave the park. Don't park places that have restricted hours from now on.

How can he mail you a ticket when he didn't talk to you? He just wanted you to leave the park. Don't park places that have restricted hours from now on.

Registered owners get tickets in the mail all the time... The same way citations are issued via traffic cameras.
This does not seem like a scenario that will result in a citation though. The officer was shooing them away.

Back