Consumer Law, Warranties Can a company require this for warranty review?

IP 67 means the unit can be dropped into a body of water up to a meter deep for half an hour, That sounds waterproof to me.

There are places on the site that says the Guardian unit is NOT waterproof.

Zigner...I understood what you were saying. It just seems shady to advertise that it's waterproof on the first page of the website. Then, buried deep within the help pages, after brushing away the dust and cobwebs, it then says in a brief sentence that it's not. Seems pretty sneaky to me. I feel their warranty process is too. Can you imagine if other companies made you assume the cost of a new tv if they find they aren't going to cover it?

That's all I was getting at. I was more complaining about the dishonesty rather than legality. I didn't know if they could actually make you assume the cost of a new one just for warranty review. Seems odd to me.

PayrollHRGuy...Yeah, I noticed it in the help pages. She tried telling me it's clearly stated on their website that it's not waterproof. There's nothing clear about it. What's clear is the where it says "waterproof" on the first page of their website. Buried deep in the help pages after saying it's IP67 waterproof is not so clear. They have almost 80 articles in the help center so, I question her on how clearly it states it, and she says I'm being extremely unfair. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

I've got my eye on a much better tracking device. I think I actually found a real time tracker that uses Verizon which will be nice. I had a hard time finding one last year. They all seemed to use Sprint or AT&T. I tried two different trackers and they didn't work due to cellular signal.

I've still gotta point out one more time. It IS waterproof, as per the spec.

Back