Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Calif Registered Sex Offender - PC314.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"IF it has been entered..." Does this mean some of FIs never get recorded?
Maybe ... no one can possibly tell if an FI has been dropped off in the Records unit, or whether it has even been entered. In one agency where I worked, depending on what unit the FI card was deposited with, it might not get entered for 90 days. In some cases, an officer may forget to even turn it in.

Why are you so stressed about this FI? It is not a crime, it is not all allegation, it is not even a traffic ticket! It is merely a detailed notation of who was contacted. Your concern makes me wonder whether or not your visit was not as innocent as you seem to claim.

If you were simply there as a customer, stop worrying.

My run through this system has taught me to stress any interaction with police. THe first time I am ever interacted with outside of a ticket and I am on a sex offender list over foolishness... Sorry but I stress everything every day, waiting for my door to be kick in by a badge on a trip or neighbors that poked around the internet and found my picture.... A skarlet letter is not easy to bare...

If you would not stress a traffic ticket, then you shouldn't stress this.

I wish I could agree. My last traffic ticket; 40 year old guy in a 6 year old hatch back doing 65 in a 55, during rush hour commuter traffic. Then the officer finds out I am a 290 registrant and... 2 hours on a curbs 6 blocks from home as the sherrif makes sure my carpet and upolstery are correctly attached and my spare tire has air... I stress everything, because I have to stress everything, I do not get a benefit of the doubt, there is no doubt...

Then stress away. But, an FI is nothing. It is a note. That's about it. If the police are investigating some crime, then it might be informative, but otherwise, by itself it is a legal nothing.

But, if you choose to stress those things that you have no control over and choose not to apply for the certificate as a result, that's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back